Opera Production and Internship
February – March – April 2019
communication language: EN
1 or 2 tenors and 1 contralto
Benjamin Britten - Albert Herring
In this intensive 3-month course students experience a complete opera production process on stage, starting from the audition for the opera roles to the full stage performances of the opera production in the theatre. The singers will be accompanied by the student symphony orchestra of the Royal Conservatoire, Antwerp. The opera experience takes place in the stimulating environment of the deSingel Arts Campus.
- individual lessons with the vocal teachers, the accompanist and the piano coaches;
- acting and stage movement lessons;
- language coaching;
- rehearsals with the stage director, the accompanist and the conductor;
- performances of the opera.
At the deSingel Arts Campus, you will be immersed into the professional international art scene on a daily basis. Concerts and presentations by major international musicians, theatre and dance companies intermingle with your lessons and the bridge to professional life is never far away. The Music department has forged strong connections with Opera-Ballet of Flanders and with several music theatre companies.
Director: Benoît de
Vocal teachers: Gary Jankowski, Stephanie Friede, Anne Cambier
Piano coaches: Koen Kessels, Aäron Wajnberg
Accompanist: Sabrina Avantario
Language coaching English: Andrew Wise
Up to 20 hours/week
Description of final examination:
- Opera performances, accompanied by the student symphony orchestra of the Royal Conservatoire, Antwerp
- Singers are invited to the Kunsthuis Opera Vlaanderen Royal Ballet Flanders to listen to and be involved in rehearsals or to attend pré-general or general rehearsals of the opera productions.
- Courses from the list of Elective Courses at the Royal Conservatoire, Antwerp
Academy of music: Antwerp
Language training: English